Friday, September 16, 2005

No job, but maybe a place to stay

Got a phonecall from Richard Hartley last night just before roleplaying saying that I didn't get the OpenBox job. Some story about how my profile doesn't match up with what they need right now. Not that that really means anything. He said that they might be interested in a few months time, but hey, we'll see I guess. Not gonna hold my breath. He also said that if I decided at some point that I wanted to leave my current job, I should give him a call so that he could have a second look to see if they wanted me. Ah well. Whatever.

Lucas is making an offer on a 3 bedroomed flat in Rosebank soon, which is pretty damn convenient. Occupation is only in December, which is not terrific, but Roo offered me his spare room for 2k per month, which is a pretty fair deal. ADSL, DSTV, maid included. A bit above my price range, but I'm sure I can stick it for 2 months, assuming Lucas does get the Rosebank place. Lucas, please let me know as soon as you know anything, so I can get the ball rolling in terms of interim places and so on. Oh, and the 3 bedrooms are important since Al is keen on moving in with us, now that him and Julie have broken up. Man, end of an era. Colleen and I break up. Waynne and Jean get engaged. Julie and Al break up. Weirdness and crazy signs.

Damage reduction is crazy if you don't have the appropriate foil to it. Hint: we didn't. I don't even know how many of the party are good-aligned, and I know I'm not hellishly keen on getting my weapon consecrated, or whatever it is you need to do. However, with neither myself nor Baldur able to do any damage whatsoever except on a crit, it may be the only option we have. Alternatively, I might just stock up on Bull's Strength spells and healing and play buffbot for subsequent encounters with these things. We have also just levelled, although I haven't gone through the rigmarole yet (damn PHB hoggers *shakes fist*), so I should see what further options that gives me.

Kingdom of Loathing is going extremely slowly. A whole bunch of new trophies have been discovered that I am working towards, but it is fucking my overall ascension strategy up onetime. Ah well, at least I will have the trophies =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't wo0rry about OpenBox, they gave me a bullshit excuse as well, after three interviews, one of which included a demo.

It really is the end of an era... I really should have kept more in touch with you guys. I think I should get hold of Wayne & Jean to congratulate them. When did the engagement happen?

9:10 am  
Blogger Synkronos said...

Last weekend. They went away for their 10th anniversary, and Waynne proposed then. Very romantic and all that rot ;)

Heh, I only got 2 interviews =) Not too sure what happened with Al when he got bounced, I think he was told that they weren't hiring at the time.

10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home