Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Blank Title (not really)

Pets really make it difficult to find a place to rent =/ More places should be pet friendly, dammit. Also, more estate agents should have websites with decent content, screw this 'No image available', 'No contact number available' bullshit.

Yancke really needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. I've been spending a lot of time with him lately as regular readers of my blog will have noticed, and I've been having fun, but damn the boy steamrollers when he's talking. It doesn't matter if you started talking a while back, or if you stopped to let someone else finish, once he starts he doesn't stop until he's had his say. And he wonders why Conrad and I double team to override him when we have the chance. Lovely boy though. I'll have to punch him in the cock sometime.

Despite distraction and side tracks, which I am perfectly okay with so long as they are contained and don't spill out all over the DM while he is explaining important stuff, the session last night was great fun. Especially the bit where Vitto went all crazy-loco on Jimmy's ass. I was just about to step in to break it up, I swear. If I had instead of Cat, there might have been one less broken wrist, since I actually know the technique for disarming. Well, the more finesse technique rather than Cat's 'hit wrist until break, then weapon drop' cudgel of a technique. Not that I really care how broken Vitto is, mind you, and he's definitely safer to be around now that he's a crip. I should probably stop calling him that. I like my face as is, thanks. And now we get to lie to the general populace of our group about the reason for stopping, since I'm sure that even under the strange circumstances we find ourselves in, people will be mistrustful of ex-cultists and magic. Especially when said magic has the possibility (probability?) of getting out of control and eating us all. Meh, lies. Whatever =)

When Colleen ships on out to PE I'll be inheriting the current PC. To this end, I've just placed an order with work for the PC that Colleen is getting as a replacement. It's really nice, far nicer than the one here. An Athlon64 3000+ 939 pin on an NForce3 chipset mobo with an 80Gb SATA drive, 512Mb memory and, the kicker, a Samsung 17" TFT display. Very nice stuff, if you ask me. The 939 pin part is important, since it will let her upgrade to one of the new dual-core Athlon64s that are coming out at some point if she wants to.

Wednesday roleplaying has been cancelled indefinitely by Dave and replaced with a gaming evening tonight, despite him getting all testy with me for cancelling last week. Except now he can't makes the gaming either. Now I must decide if I feel like gaming, and try organise some more people, or if I feel like wasting away at home. Packing another box, maybe, although there's no rush since I'll only be visiting my parents again next week sometime.

I installed FireFox 1.5beta1 the other day. It seems pretty the same, albeit a little less stable and with (now) broken extensions, since they still need to be updated by the authors. But hey, I'm willing to undertake a little more strain if it helps the FFox guys out (since I send crash reports when it does crash). Oh, and flash and java and similar plugins are all broken too. So, don't 'upgrade' unless you're prepared for that =)

Wow, this day has gone really quickly. It's 3pm already. Rocking =) Let me go email some people about some games...

Edit: Also, nice to know that you can make a blog post without setting a title, it just leaves it blank.

1 Comments:

Blogger Synkronos said...

Dude, it's cool =) If it bugged me all that much, I just wouldn't spend time with you ;) So don't stress, really

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home