Monday, September 12, 2005

Movin' on up

I've really cut this finding a place to stay malarkey quite fine. And by fine I mean I'll probably have to crash at my parents for a little bit, unless I am insanely lucky. Or suddenly grow another R2k salary from my ass, since there is an expensive (but nice) place desperate for someone to move in. I'm going to start moving my random unused (or rarely used) crap to my parents' place, use that as a midway point for moving. Even if I do manage to avoid moving there, it will still be much more convenient having a central depot. Well, pretty-fucking-out-of-the-way depot, but a depot nonetheless.

Friday night's Pancho's outing was very enjoyable. It was a little loud, the next door tables were a little close and the food took an age to arrive, but damn was it good when it got there =) Dave Sharpe arrived a little bit late, and so ordered separately just after our order had been taken. His single plate of nachos arrived before any of the rest of the food showed up =`( We had to sit there and drool, it was very sad. Damn enchilada eaters! Take so long to prepare. Afterwards, Yancke and Conrad and I swung past d@vid's place to pick him up, since he had bailed at the last minute on Pancho's. By last minute, I mean we arrived at his house and he said that he had already eaten. He was reading in bed when we got there for the second time, and Yancke found his boxers hilarious for some reason. Don't ask me. We went back to Y&C's and watched Chris Rock - Bigger and Blacker (I think) - some parts were just wrong, but largely it was funny. It broke d@vid on many an occasion.

On Saturday, we lanned again. I won't bore you with the details. One of the guys, Adrian, did grab Chuzzle from me and was hooked. Damn, I love being a PopCap pusher ^_^ I should get a t-shirt, or at least a badge.

On Sunday Yancke and I went to Stadium on Main to go watch Dave's wargaming, but by the time we got there him and Jon had left already. Mark Pitterman was still there, and we chatted to him for a little bit. There was also this freaky old dude called David as well (freakily enough) who was hanging around being annoying. He asked Yancke for some McDee's chips, with which he foolishly obliged, and then proceeded to ask for a bite of his burger. I vacated to the far end of the table and left Yancke to his self-made doom. Don't make eye contact! And certainly don't feed the freaks! Damn boy, what were you thinking. Anyway, Yancke eventually escaped with me inside Wizards where we found Verolin talking to some American roleplayer called Rick. Apparently he's just arrived in Cape Town and is looking for a group to join. He heard about CLAW and went to Ian for help, but apparently all they did was bring him along to one of Garrick's sessions, where he was stuck in a corner and ignored for 4 hours. Fun! Also, way to include new roleplayers. Rick made the unfortunate mistake of telling us that he was looking for a group to join just as this David freak was following us inside, when he promptly informed Rick that he was looking to start a D&D game on Sundays there in the shopping center. Rick would be his first victim, I mean player. Yancke also gave Rick his phone number (it was like a gay pickup bar in there with the number of guys swapping numbers) and said he'd try hook him up. With a roleplaying group, that is, and an old Werewolf sourcebook that he was looking for. After that, the conversation just went downhill and I took to wandering aimlessly around the shop rather than participating, until Yancke noticed and we left.

Simon, Ada and Yancke came over that evening to play some Gang of Four, which is very cool if almost an exact replica of Presidents and Arseholes (the card game). And yes, I realize Go4 is based on some ancient chinese or hong kong game or something, but it's the one I played second. Good fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Synkronos said...

He was infact fat and balding. However, so many of the roleplaying/gaming freaks are fat and balding that I don't really think this is indicative ;) Maybe tho.

Chelle, thanks a lot for the offer. I might just take you up on it, although I will try my hardest not to ;)

2:16 pm  
Blogger Bast said...

You neglected to mention how many millions of points I racked up at Gang of four. I was the biggest loser of all hands.

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home