Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bleed, motherfucker

Last night's roleplaying game was cancelled due to lack of attendance by Mike, not that DAve let us know or anything. He claimed he sent SMSes, but he sounded very tired when I phoned him that afternoon, so he prolly forgot, or sent to the wrong person, or whatever. Anyway, so we went to Sidrianna's to play Vampire instead. Yancke got wind of this, and so came along and brought his L5R cards too. I had to stay at work to make up for the time off for Tuesday's interview, so I only got there at 8pm (ugh, taxiing home that late is a mission). Yancke was busy playing a demo L5R game with Dave while Si and Ada built vampire decks, and my god, the game went on forever. It's also really complex in terms of things you need to know before you start playing, whereas other card games try to limit the amount of prior knowledge you need, and add the complexity in the cards. Beer Money is not a good example of this ;) Anyway, it was a pretty successful vampire game for me when we did eventually got going. The play order was as follows: Dave (Toreador Anti), Simon (Gangrel), myself (Malk Anti), Ada (Tremere), Yancke (Malk Anti). Dave fucked Simon's vamps quite early, leaving me pretty unmolested and able to snack on Ada with little problem. She went to make us all hot chocolate ^_^ Then Yancke snacked on Dave, and I gobbled up Yancke shortly thereafter, despite him gaining 9 pool in one turn. Of course, on the turn after that, I bled him for 8, and after that it was curtains. Yay 2x Eyes of Chaos + Laptop + Enchanted Marionette =) Si made a voting error by diablerising one of my vamps and forgetting I had the edge, and so conceded after having one of his 2 remaining small vampires burnt. 4 of 5 possible victory points, not too shabby =) That left us at 2am, yikes!

Taxis this morning were a minor nightmare. Firstly arguments about which taxi people needed to get into, then major waits while they waited for it to fill up again after unloading people, followed by handoffs along the road ('Tableview, get into that one'). I did get to listen to some Xhosa dance music in the last taxi though, which was quite weird.

Tonight I get to start character creation for my druid-to-be =) Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

2 Comments:

Blogger zenstar said...

so the melks are working for ya then :)
should chat to james about a game sometime... must warn you though: our little vamp group used to churn out lethal decks. trim and sleek, able to bleed / beat the edge right outa ya.

10:21 am  
Blogger Synkronos said...

Yeah, the Malks are working for me =) It helped a lot that 2 of the players were Dave and Yancke who are n00bs and thus crap (not that I'm not a n00b myself, come to think of it), and Si and Ada were playing brand new decks that they had just constructed that night, while Yancke was explaining L5R.

But yeah, I would dig to play a bit more, although I doubt I will ever get into it seriously.

Oh, and contesting is a bitch

1:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home