Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Optimus Prime

I was foiled in my stuffed butternut plan last night. Woolworths Rondebosch were sold out, and Claremont was closed by the time I got home. So instead I got a butternut and feta quiche, which was very nice. The caramelised onions were a little weird, being so sweet, and I agree with Colleen that just because butternut is a type of pumpkin doesn't mean it automatically goes with cinnamon, but despite all that it was really good.

After that I was pretty wasted, so I played a little bit of Chuzzle and then went to bed. Of course, I played a bit of Tony Hawk on Alex's GBA before actually going to sleep, but it was still a decently early night.

Check this keyboard out. Each key is a full-colour LCD mini panel that you can completely customize. Obviously great for people who want to run other languages, or just other layouts like Dvorak, but it really shines in the games market. Check those Quake3 key bindings! Man, so awesome. I wants me one. Unfortunately, I am sure they will be 20zillion monies. I would love to see this as a direct competitor to the Z-Board, although I think the Optimus is far far cooler =) Perhaps less practical. Imagine taking your keyboard back because of dead pixels...

I've just signed up (again) for Adventure Quest, the flash RPG Alex linked to. It's one that I played a lot a while back, but it was really repetitive. I'll give it another bash now, see how it goes. From the tiny little bit I've played already, it seems much upgraded, but still the same basic repetitiveness. Unless there are a lot of cool quests later on. We'll see =)

I have another interview at OpenBox on Thursday, a technical one this time. Yikes! I wonder if I need to read up on something, or what. I'm not too sure what to expect, will it be language specific or more generally algorithmic? Guess I better do some prep anyway, just in case.

I don't know if I feel like roleplaying tonight. I'm in more of a fucking around mood, but I suppose it depends a lot on what other people are keen on. I'll bring Abduction anyway, just in case =)

2 Comments:

Blogger zenstar said...

good luck for the 2nd interview.

you gonna sign up for advance wars by web?

3:16 pm  
Blogger Patrick Schreiber said...

like I said, I don't think RPG was ever going to happen last night. People should be there by 19:00 it means game will start! I'm having fun anyway, but I want to role-play. Then once I've role-played I'll want to screw arround for a bit.

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home