Wednesday, August 31, 2005

If a programmer shits in the woods and nobody is there to see it, can they still call it code?

Monday night I was supposed to just pick up my PC from Yancke and go home. Instead, I ended up staying there and playing more WC3, until 12. Dave happened to phone Yancke as well, and so he joined us for a bit (he used Conrad's monitor so that he wouldn't have to bring his. Having one less large item to lug around makes a difference). Some estate agent chick also came to look at the flat, since it looks like Colleen's dad wants more money that Lucas' dad is willing to pay. Oh well, Lucas and I had better start looking for an interim place to stay then, until Lucas can find some other place that he likes =)

Work yesterday was a bit of a nightmare. I had to untangle this mess that one of the other women on the Revelation team was attempting to pass off as code. I've ended up having to just about totally rewrite the whole thing. *looks at the long list of todo emails sent in the last 2 weeks* And they wonder why I am behind on other tasks.

Yesterday evening I had my interview with Richard over at OpenBox. Turns out I know one additional person there than we all thought, since I know Polly from hockey. Freaky shit. Mad thanks to Chelle for fetching me from Retreat station and taking me home afterwards (bouncy bouncy, rawr, or something). I thought the interview went pretty well, but damn, Richard asks some tricky questions. There was a fair amount of 'Um, let me think about that for a moment... weeellll... *stall*'. He seems like a nice guy tho, and they seems like nice offices.

Roleplaying last night was a bit of a mixed bag. We did get a fair amount of playing in, which was cool, but there were also quite a few distractions and sidetracking, which Alex got a bit frustrated with. And god damn! Once Yancke decides he's gonna talk, nothing will stop him, even if someone else was already talking. And then he bitches about distractions, of course. Oh, and yay for active armour (even if the protection is only slight) and temperature regulation suits ^_^ And yay for being bold enough to try it on. It ended quite late as well, and then I still had to sort out my laundry (since the bedding went in for a wash as well). Hey, I wonder if they wash pillows, and how much they charge for it. Some of mine could really use it, and I don't feel like handwashing them myself.

And now I'm off to do my KoL turns, and then continue unravelling this mess of 'code'. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home