Thursday, December 08, 2005

Leisure hours

After taking a very fucking long time to get back to me, the CEO of the company I work for (he's in the US) finally emails me saying that my last day at Synergy will be the 20th December. The rest of December will be taken out of my leave, but I will still have a few days owing, which will be paid out. This is excellent news, for not only will I have a crazy amount of holiday time over the Xmas period, I will also not actually lose out on too much cash, if you take into account that there are public holidays along the way, and OpenBox is a pay rise anyway. Rock on =) This is great, since there are so many people coming down to Cape Town over the festive season, now I'll actually get a chance to see them and do stuff. I might go get my bike learners as well, if the Traffic Dept are open at all.

Obsfest was last weekend, and it was crazy. It's the fullest I've seen Obs ever (including previous Obsfests), and there were more stalls than there have been too. We met up with a couple of people there and sort of wandered around, then went through to Gotham for the end of the evening. Nothing amazing, but fun nonetheless.

Last night, Waynne's roleplaying group had a dinner event in honour of Jim, since he is down for a week for week. It turns out that (according to Jean) I was supposed to be invited, but I just... kinda wasn't. I hope Jim can make Chelle's bday event on Friday, since my weekend is totally booked (mostly with helping Lucas paint the new place) and otherwise I just won't get to see him =/

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! don't make it sound like its my fault. i made you an offer that man was not meant to refuse and you accepted.

2:52 pm  
Blogger Synkronos said...

Haha! Dude, you misinterpret =) I am totally not blaming you, I am quite happy with that deal. It would been nice to see Jim. Say, last night maybe.

>_>

2:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in the immortal word of the word verification: pfwol

3:13 pm  
Blogger Synkronos said...

I haven't had Wednesday roleplaying since I started Thursday roleplaying. This is why I let people know about events even if I think I know they are busy or can't make it or whatever ;)

11:50 am  
Blogger Patrick Schreiber said...

Too late, you'ved been shunned!

;)

5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be back in Feb anyway =)

1:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home