Monday, November 14, 2005

Mandragora

This weekend was very movie-filled. I started off with HP2 on Friday night as a follow-up to the book again. This time, the movie was far further away from the book in terms of deleted scenes and word changes, and far fewer incidents when the lines synched completely between the two. The surround-sound system is really cool, especially when nobody else is home =)

On Saturday Candice and I met up in Cavendish for a milkshake and something to eat at M&B, followed by Corpse Bride. It was loads of fun, and I'd advise any Tim Burton fan to give it a watch, especially if you liked the Nightmare Before Christmas. Looking over the other movies that Tim Burton has done reveals a lot of movies that I really enjoyed, chief amongst them being Beetlejuice for that blast from the past goodness, and Sleepy Hollow for a more recent flavour. The two initial Batman movies (the good ones - I haven't seen Begins yet) are his too.

Sunday I spent a portion of the day playing Soul Calibur 2, continuing with Al's Weapon Master save, as the single-player, questy portion of the game is called. Julie got hold of it ages back, though, and has completed the primary quest and any of the easier side missions, so only the insane ones are left. Insanely difficult. I did manage to clear out a few stages, and was rewarded with the gold to purchase a new costume for Astaroth, and the thrill of opening up an entirely new section on the map. This I can only surmise would be even more difficult than the mission that was necessary to open said area, but I didn't get a chance to try it out, cos Candice arrived just then and we switched to Tekken, which she knows much better.

We took turns playing Tekken (all 4 of us, even Julie joined in for one match against Candice) until dinner was ready, a very nice Woolworths chicken breast roll roasted in the oven. Alastair suggested getting a pair of movies for the evening, which was greeted with general approval, and so we wombled on down to Mr Video to peruse their selection (a selection that lacks The Nightmare Before Christmas, I feel compelled to point out - a glaring oversight). We ended up settling on Madagascar and Kingdom of Heaven, through Al's patented 'How about these two? Great, let's go' method of party consensus. Madagascar was very funny and I laughed, a lot. Especially during a scene where the lion is chasing the zebra, and it shifts to slow-mo and the music changes to the National Geographic theme music. Hilarious! KoH we had all seen already, and I was a bit mystified as to why Al had been so exceedingly keen on it, until I remembered that the History channel (in front of which Alastair lives at the moment) is having a special feature on the Crusades. Oh. Right. Julie hated Madagascar, by the way, so if your movie tastes are closer to Julie's than to mine, don't waste your time =)

After KoH (midway through which Julie had retired, so we really should have switched movies), everyone was a bit tired, and Al went to bed while I took Candice home, in Julie's car. I felt exceedingly bad since I was forced to wake Anusha to move her car, which she proceeded to park and leave outside. So, not only did I wake her up at 11pm on a Sunday night, but I then proceeded to deprive her of secure parking. Bleak =/

Got back and Al and I chatted for a bit, about *stuff*. TM. Yar, and then I didn't sleep very well, and now I'm really tired =/

In gaming news: FFXII, check out the review of the demo.

Current Song: Incubus - Drive

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

In my personal opinion, the two tim Burton Batmans are no longer "the good ones". The first one is a stand out, the second is sorta okay.

Begins kicks ass. Really.

4:32 pm  
Blogger Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

begins makes you realize what can happen when actually fans of the batman comics direct and act. it's just beautiful.

1:35 pm  
Blogger Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

err... actual.

1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home