Monday, November 28, 2005

Events

Saturday was large expent helping Julie prepare for the opening of Naga that evening, withmuch skewering perpetrated by both Al and myself (Al was the primary culprit, I just aided and abetted on a few fruitsticks). The opening itself was great, and Jo and Steve have some very appealing merchandise in their store, albeit a little on the pricey side according to rumours. It turns out that they would like Candice to work there part time, since they seem to be complete retail n00bs =) Best of luck to them, though, I think their shop is a perfect fit in the heart of town. Oh, and the food was divine. I was particularly fond of the satays, and the chocolate cigars were a total hit.

Lucas' birthday happened to be on the self same day, so a short walk from Candice's (after a lift from Helen and Richard) found me outside The One Ring. Which was closed. At 10:30pm. I went next door to Gotham to see what it was like, and was pleasantly surprised by my short exposure. It's definitely a place that I'd like to check out some more, so I guess that's where I'll be this Friday =) I do so enjoy wearing boardshorts to Goth clubs ^_^ It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Sunday was a retail therapy day, for Julie at least. Ever since my idle talk last weekend about wanting to acquire an mp3 player, she has been dead keen on buying one of her own. Al and I went with her to Cavendish (since she is slightly less than tech-savvy, by her own admission), and we picked up a dinky little Yepp player, including an FM tuner! Perfect. She seems very happy, and quite excited about it. Tonight, I will be showing Al how to rip CDs to mp3 so that he can help her on Tuesday.

After the shopping trip, we picked up Candice and went back home for a small spot of Soul Calibur 2, followed by a braai. As usual, it was an almost exclulsively chicken affair, with a small dollop of lamb thrown in for spice. All the food was excellent, but by about 9:30 everyone was looking very bombed. A mass exodus followed very shortly thereafter, including Al and Julie running off to their respective beds. This left me to my own devices, mwahahahhaa!!! So I played some Guilty Gear XX, read some Batman and then went to sleep. Yeah, exciting =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hila said...

oy how can you go to Gotham when I am not there? and how can you plan on doing it again the next week?and why were you not there on my birthday? and come on Jase...board shorts? I know you can do better then that!

4:15 pm  
Blogger Synkronos said...

It was a spur of the moment thing, while I was waiting for Lucas to reply to my sms saying 'wtf are you'. I had never been inside before, so I wanted to have a look =)

So come with next weekend ^_^

I, uh, I didn't know it was your bday. When was it?

And board shorts are the best ^_^ It's way too hot at the moment for anything more. And I don't have any gothy clothing at all, really. Apart from an Alchemy t-shirt or two.

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home