Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Black and White and Slow all over

I started playing B&W2 last night, off Al's copy. Quite a fun game although not my ideal genre. The city building aspect is always quite fun, and I'm making a real effort to be good. I finished the first proper (non-training) mission on 74% good, which I thought was pretty, well, great =D I can see it getting harder to be peaceful later on, but, never underestimate the power of a lot of archers on a wall! Siege engines is all I have to worry about there, really, and Al showed me how effective a single rock can be. Sadly, the game claims to require 512Mb of RAM, and I am sitting on a lowly 128Mb, so it's a very laggy experience at times. What suffers the most is the load times, as it shunts everything from the HDD to RAM, and then runs out of RAM and starts shunting stuff from RAM back to the HDD in the form of swap space. Well, it's still quite fun and I'm enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home