Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Taken, yet again

On Monday night I went off to Robyn's for dinner. I hadn't seen her family for ages, and had mostly forgotten how mad they all are. Her mom more in a mom kind of way, but her brother and father are both weird ;) Gareth was playing Battle for Middle Earth, the LotR RTS game, most of the time, and it was very pretty. A bit gimmicky in places, so I am unconvinced, and it also looks like it would eat my machine alive. Dinner was lasagne, and damn tasty at that =) A following of strawberries and ice cream was most welcome too. Robyn and I retired to her room and chatted for ages again. A good evening =)

While we did actually get a modicum of roleplaying done last night, it was severely truncated due to Patrick convincing Yancke to go home and do his varsity project. Which he did. Then we played poker again. I won the first game quite convincingly, and quickly due to our silly time period on the blind increase (15 minutes), so we played another one. This one went extremely long, so eventually when James and I were left, we started doing all-ins again. A silly end, but overall it was fun, and James had already bought back in early on, so I wasn't exactly feeling threatened. I finally crawled into bed close to 2pm. Not the side of the night I wanted to go to bed on, and I'm still feeling rather bombed from the weekend. Tonight I'll be doing some laundry, playing some WoW and going to bed early.

The Kingdom of Loathing had a very funny holiday event yesterday. Monday was Columbus Day in the states, where they celebrate some feat performed by Chris to do with his ships and finding something, I don't know or care exactly. So, on Tuesday KoL had an NPC called 'Cristobal Colon' (colonist presumably), who was handing out free comfy blankets to random people, and even selling some for really cheap. Mysteriously, anyone who came into contact with these blankets started coughing, and even some who didn't. Really hilarious stuff =) The description for the blanket reads as follows, see if you can catch all 4 disease references: "Although it is a bit measly in size (it would fit in quite a small box), it will be no less influential in keeping you warm at night. Have you spoken to your mother lately? You should call her, eh?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home