Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Jacques Coustroll

Thursday night's roleplaying was more arse than class. The group as a whole were fairly upset with Henri, not because he managed to blow up the most important item of the quest and started a war between us and the devils, no, although I could imagine someone would feel justified being upset about that. We were upset because he failed to listen to the advice of the magic users and thus caused this whole disaster. His magic item priveledges have been revoked until further notice. And now we prepare for battle, and I decide if I even want to be involved in this one. Mary, I fear, will outright refuse to get involved, cutting our numbers down to 5 vs however fucking many. Or 4, if I bail too. This not getting involved would, of course, rely on me being sure that they wouldn't attack the camp after wiping out the remaining 4. Oh, the burden of responsibilities.

Friday I was feeling quite ill all day, and went straight home and to bed. I ended up waking up multiple times during the night in pain, not so much fun. Saturday was similarly a write-off, although I did manage to rouse myself to watch MTV for a short while. What a waste. By the evening I was feeling mostly better, although still not hungry at all, so I played WoW while Julie entertained her dinner guests.

Candice and I finished watching X on Sunday. It ended in a completely different style to what I was expecting, and how I remember the movie. I enjoyed the series, but I found the end to be a little... anticlimactic.

Al decided to have a little braai-up that evening, so Candice hung around and we got some ribs and rolls and sundry paraphernalia. Thankfully my tummy was all cheered up by this point, if a little shrunken from the extended lack of sustenance, so I was able to pretty much fully enjoy myself.

Tekken was the order of the evening thereafter, despite Al gunning for Soul Calibur. Candice has never played SC, so, poor form I felt. Candice agreed ;) I'm having fun playing Combot, and I'm getting a lot better at identifying characters, not from their starting poses, which I don't know well at all, but from a few seconds of playing. Combot works very stupidly in Tekken4 tho, since it's the same character for all the rounds of the combat, and in the mirror match it is just that - both Combots select the same character. How retarded =/ I preferred Mokujin, where it was someone different each round, and there were no mirror matches. Candice is getting pretty good with Julia, and can pick you out of the air with alarming regularity. Even more alarmingly, she ducks a large percentage of high attacks and then punches you in the balls. How unladylike!

In WoW news, we last left our intrepid Troll explorer in Northshire Abbey, deep within the enemy stronghold! Eventually I just decided to head west, then swim north until I hit the undercity, where I knew friendly graveyards would abound. It is the undead homeland, after all. I jammed a pencil in my keyboard and read Appleseed while my disembodied self ran and swam its way to safety. I managed to gain an entire level just discovering new lands, having exploded in Stormwind shortly after lvl5, and finally dragging my broken self into the graveyard at Brill by lvl6. I ran around Brill and the Undercity for a while, spending all my silver on apparently useless poison skills before deciding to hearthstone back to my home continent.

When I did arrive back, I discovered that it was not in fact Bounty Bay where I had found the portal that fateful night, but in fact Ratchet, which is a neutral town on the Horde continent. Why does a neutral town so close to the horde starting point contain such a dangerous and potentially game-shattering artefact? The same reason there are lvlFUCK glassweb spiders a short skip and jump from the graveyard in said Valley of Trials, I suppose.

From Ratchet, you are still far from safety. I attempted to Sneak my way across The Barrens, which worked for a short while. It seems that Sneak doesn't make you invisible, like the graphical representation implies, it merely shortens the range at which aggro mobs will gank you. Sadly, The Barrens is chock full of gankers, and once one spotted me, he called all his buddies over, so I rolled into the Valley once again in a see-through state.

Once I was back on familiar territory, things progressed much more smoothly. Al joined somewhere around here, by teleporting his DM-enabled account over (easier than swimming, but much much softer). We battled around for ages, completing quests along the way. Some fairly hardcore, I feel. Eventually we both teleported to Mulgore, where I have been mopping up some of the low level Tauren quests, and Al has been practising skinning. With little luck, I think =)

No roleplaying tonight since Alex is sick, sad =( It does leave room for more WoW tho ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex is not sick! He's got Nintendogs!

1:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a difference. there are people at high profile companies in new york that are "sick" during the release of star wars.

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home