Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Confessions of a dangerous mind

UPDATED with points 15 through 22

Since posts containing unknown tid-bits about oneself seems to be all the rage, I decided that I would compile one as well. Sans the tagging, since that's just lame.

1) I have zero respect for the law, and rules in general. I'll as soon break a law as look at it. What I do have a healthy respect for is my own personal code, which I do largely stick to.
2) I don't regret anything I have ever done. I haven't always done good or right things, and things might have turned out better had I not done some things, but all in all I am happy where I am, and so there is nothing I wish I hadn't done. Life is a learning experience, nothing is truly wasted.
3) I too have occasional irrational fear of the dark outbreaks. My biggest weapon against it is rationalization, and I have become better at that through the years, so it has become less of a scary thing.
4) I earned the nickname of 'Glue' from my first girlfriend's friends, since I hung around her so goddamn much. We were at the same school. And yes, this was at Westerford, so high school at that.
5) I once got back together with an ex girlfriend purely because she was hot. We were together for a couple of months more, and then it ended, for good this time. It later turned out that her reasons for getting back together were much the same.
6) I once read James and the Giant Peach out loud to my middle brother, in one sitting. We must have been about 10 & 9 at the time.
7) My brother and I used to fill the bathroom basin with water and then take out the ink-soaked sponge center of koki pens and throw them in one at a time, to see the water change colours.
8) I once won a cake at after-school care, a big yellow bus cake. We put it on the kitchen table, went to put my bag in my room, and when we came back it was on the floor with Sebastian, our labrador, wolfing up great big mouthfuls of it.
9) I once picked up a chick in church. During a sermon. This is the same girl as point 4 (but not point 5).
10) The first time I ever kissed a girl was in a cellar. And this was long before either 4 or 5.
11) In junior school, I used to always get cheese and chutney sandwiches. I would eat these by taking them apart, licking the chutney off the cheese, eating the bread, and then eating the cheese.
12) I'm pretty universally nice to people to their faces. This is not always true when they are not around. I don't see this as being two-faced, I see this as being pleasant to people, even when I don't like them. Also, were they to ever ask me outright if I liked them, I wouldn't lie. Probably.
13) I have cybered once or twice. It was fun.
14) Montezuma's Revenge on a friend's PC was what first introduced me to computers.

That's all I can think of for now.
UPDATE:

15) Sebastian, from 8) fame, used to jump over our 6ft fence and go wandering. We eventually caught him doing it. He would jump up, manage to hook his front legs over the top of the fence (no mean feat in and of itself), and than haul himself over. He was not a small dog, it was an impressive sight.
16) I once decided to go on a trip on my BMX, without telling my mom. I took Sebastian and we went off. My mom caught up with me as I was cycling over Landsdowne bridge (heading towards the wrong side of the tracks, for those unfamiliar with Cape Town). She spanked me with a belt for that. I never did it again.
17) My (female) cousin and I once showed each other our private parts, in a back room at my grandparents' house. I think we were about 5 at the time.
18) I have absolutely zero memory of my biological father.
19) I used to beat my brother up a lot. I once swung a cricket bat at him, overhanded, but fortunately for him (and me) it connected with the door frame above me. I also once threw a tennis ball at him, and he ducked and I broke a window.
20) A guy at junior school once took my moonbag, hid it and wouldn't tell me where it was. I took the blade off my pencil sharpener and slashed his palm (not badly) with it.
21) To this day, I can still not ollie properly. And not because of lack of trying.
22) My mom used to mash cauliflower in with my brother's mashed potatoes. He used to laugh at me because he was getting so much more mash than I was. I just smiled and carried on eating. It was a good feeling, the very definition of smug.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Memes are a hoax, pass it on

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, i think this has been the most pleasent thing i've read in ages.

I enjoyed getting to know you very much.

now, stop breaking kol >.>

<3

10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home