Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Weekly update rollup

It's been awhile since my last post. So, a quick recap of older things first:

I have (obviously) finished moving into Julie's place, and I'm pretty much settled in. A bunch of things (primarily computer randomnesses and my games and cards) are still boxes strewn around the room, but everything else is in cupboards and set up. The bed is still a little wobbly since I only had my leatherman's pliers to put it back together again rather than a proper spanner, and I should probably do something about that before it breaks. It seems sturdy enough tho.

D&D on Thursday was our grand break-in to the castle. We got about halfway through, and haven't actually done anything serious yet.

Friday night a bunch of us went out to Stones in Obs. Pool was fun, but Conrad is a pool demon. Kicked all of us except Al, who managed to pull a black-ball defeat on him the once. Afterwards we played a little foosball on the crappy table there, but decided it was too crappy and went missioning to find another. The One Ring had live bands playing, so no foosball there, and Cool Runnings put all their foosball tables in the dingiest, most unlit areas they can find. No joy. We did stop off at the schwarma place on your wanderings, which actually make very tasty food! The lady overfilled mine like a mad thing, about which I did not complain =) The chips were sadly lacking in awesomeness, and I would advise against them in future.

8:00 was my wakeup time on Saturday, since Claus and Neil were fetching me at 8:30 for a lan in Plumstead. 90% CS:S, sadly. At least it was :S and not 1.6, otherwise I might jusst have left then and there. We did get one game of DotA in, which was thoroughly frustrating thanks to Yancke's overeagerness to waltz in and get raped. Dave was more than happy to oblige. Sick fucks.

I got home at 5am to grab a couple of hours sleep before Waynne came to fetch me for the Ravnica prerelease. It went very well, with an attendance of 86 people. The cool thing about that is that with more people, you get more prizes to hand out. I ended up coming 18th and receiving 1 booster as a prize (and a spot prize of an awesome shiny Skyhunter Legionnaire), and Waynne came 6th and received 5 boosters. Pretty damn awesome all round! That evening I stayed up too late watching TV and chatting with Al, and so was more or less bombed for Monday. *shrug*

Monday evening, Robyn and I went out to Panchos for dinner. Same great food, same crap service! The waiter kept forgetting things, and finally brought the wrong food (beef nachos instead of chicken). Idiot. Catching up and chatting with Robyn was really awesome after such a long time of seriously restricted interaction (I'm really bad at staying in touch in general), and she was really out of the loop in terms of babies, marriages and dissapearances. We sat at the table talking until the waiter politely asked us if we would be okay with him fetching the bill since they were closing. We said that was alright =)

Al and I were intending to get a little 1v1 DotA action on when I got back, but it was a little too late for that. Al yakked about Paintball for a while, and I ended up going to bed too late again =) Not that the convo wasn't interesting, it's just that Al has to get up far later than I do. I think I will in future just say 'tell me tomorrow' ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Synkronos said...

And it seems like I lied about the 'quick' part of the recap. Oh well ;)

1:37 pm  
Blogger Adam Fisher / fisher king said...

shuwarma: i think the crap chips may have something to do with a guarantee of authenticity - there's an international lack of appreciation for slap-tzips, ek se

w-v: My Enzymes March Easily Against Unguarded Animal Kingdom

4:06 pm  
Blogger zenstar said...

hmm... i was going to make a comment... i knew what it was when i first started reading... but i forgot ^-^*
erm... look at the silly monkey *points and runs*

wv: purple zebras quench big man thirsts with beer

10:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home