Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Poker money

Last night's poker was largely a lot of fun. Only largely, since Yancke was being a bit of an arse about things, like us saying 'Don't put your hand down there, otherwise we don't know if you've folded', followed by him saying 'pffft, it won't be a problem', followed by Alex inadvertently picking up his hand and putting it with the discards while dealing. And then burning cards on top of it in some order, and then Yancke wondering where his hand went. So, in future listen to us, Yancke. It may seem like a little thing to you, but it really isn't all that difficult to comply with and makes for less fuckups later on. It's all about avoiding the shit. And then the insane doubling at the end was very silly, and I was totally lucky to end up winning =) By rights, Chelle should have cleaned up going in, but once I won the initial 3 times to make it even, it was, well, even ;) I like my luck, I am a lucky motherfucker. Good thing I did win in the end, though, since I forgot to draw money for taxi fare this morning. So there I was, sitting in the back of the taxi as it leaves town, reaching for my wallet and thinking 'oh my fucking god...', closely followed by relief =) I'm not particularly keen to stop a taxi and get out, saying I have no money on me, especially from right at the deepest part. I would not have been especially popular.

In cool movie news, it seems that Peter Jackson (along with WETA, the special effects people) will be working on the Halo movie. I'm guessing it will be pretty good =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home