Friday, October 13, 2006

Lunchables

The suggestion this morning by Hannes that we go through to Kalkies for fish and chips at lunch was initially met by skepticism from me. A Kalk Bay harbour fish and chips place sounded really dodgy, and I was not disappointed on that front when we did finally arrive there. The food was really excellent, albeit a little oily. "I don't think I've had this much oil in one sitting in a long time" was BB's comment, and had me thinking of stories of kiddies drinking from the sunflower oil bottles. Loei was lucky enough to be hit on by the waitress when she slapped his arse and said "No bums on the table!". I think that means she likes you, buddy. Blushing like a schoolgirl only makes them more interested. As we were finishing up, the guy at the table next to use really drove home how high-class an establishment it was by pouring himself a glass of wine from the papsak he had brought along. No corkage, I guess, if there's no cork.

But really, an excellent outing, for an excellent Friday.

2 Comments:

Blogger zenstar said...

wow... i didn't even need to bump the last post. :)

11:01 am  
Blogger Bast said...

There's a super dodgy place on Main Rd Fish Hoek that can only be described as a fish 'n chips kafie, but it is damn good, with fresh off the boat hake and snoek. Yum.

12:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home